Solution
D

Yep.
D

Deleted member 217926

Looks great. Nice RAM too love that cas 6. I am actually going to upgrade to an almost identical build soon.

D

Deleted member 217926

Wait I think your link took me to my wish list..........knew that looked familiar. You may want to try again with the link.

D

Deleted member 217926

Ok thats better............PSU is garbage. For 2 x GTX460s you only need 650-750 watts of a quality brand like Corsair, Seasonic. PC Power and Cooling or XFX.

sockpirate

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
Ok great these are the responses i wanted, i have never went INTEL so i didnt really know what was going on too much. I really want to go with a 1000w PSU, if you can recommend a better 1000w then sure i will check it out but the reviews on this one are solid, from what i have read it helps with the SLI with the gtx 460s, and also from what i have read these two super-clocked 460s will outperform a single 580. I didnt know sandy bridge is dual channel, thanks for pointing that out! Hmmm would be nice to find 2 sticks of 4gb each , or should i just do 4 sticks of 2gb each ? Money isnt too much of a problem on this build but i don't wanna go over 2 grand.

D

Deleted member 217926

1000w is overkill for 2 x GTX480s much less 2 x GTX460s. Whatever you read saying it would "help" is wrong. If 650 is not enough for you ( and it is even with overclocking ) the go for the Corsair 750TX. Quality is what matters in a power supply not sheer watts.
The RAM I linked to is bad to the bone for the price. 4GB is plenty unless you spend your time doing video or photo editing. 4GB is fine for a gaming computer. If you want just buy 2 of those kits.

D

Deleted member 217926

Yep. It actually leaves you room to upgrade those 460s too.

D

Deleted member 217926

What is your screen resolution? 2x GTX460s are pretty darn powerful equaling or even beating a GTX480. The next step up would be GTX470s. A Corsair 750 would be fine for that as well.