I've never saw THIS before...

I made a new family in Sims2 and had one sim look in the newspaper for a
job. There was one listed for a cheap whore! I wasn't sure if I had read
this correctly, and had the other sim look for a job and, sure enough, it
was listed. Naturally, being curious, I had my sim go for it so see what
would happen. She started out at 24 simoleans, and now has been promoted to
having her own street corner plus a raise! I can't remember on what part of
town she was initially working.

My question is, Is this a Sim2 thing? In all my years of playing the sims I
have never saw a listing like this.

pb

--
penny.brewer@ns.sympatico.ca
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

2 possibilities:

1. You are simply a troll, in which case go to hell.

2. You are serious. If this is true, what kind of downloaded houses,
objects or hacks do you have? Some of these do modify the game. In the
plain game, there are 10-14 careers (14 with EP), and prostitute isn't
one of them.

I take it that would be a dream job for romance sims.... :)
Creativity skills, anyone?

Lifetime Aspiration: Own the Playsim Mansion

lol - sounds like a hack.

~*~
vecki

Sounds like a custom career (most likely from Mod the Sims 2). I'm sure it
adds an interesting twist to the phrase "working your way up the ladder"
lol.

Chris

"P. Brewer" <penny.brewer@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> I made a new family in Sims2 and had one sim look in the newspaper for a
> job. There was one listed for a cheap whore! I wasn't sure if I had read
> this correctly, and had the other sim look for a job and, sure enough, it
> was listed. Naturally, being curious, I had my sim go for it so see what
> would happen. She started out at 24 simoleans, and now has been promoted
> having her own street corner plus a raise! I can't remember on what part
of
> town she was initially working.
>
> My question is, Is this a Sim2 thing? In all my years of playing the sims
> have never saw a listing like this.
>
> pb
>
> --
> penny.brewer@ns.sympatico.ca
> "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
> -Mario Andretti

It's a hack career - must have come with a house you downloaded. You don't
say if you have University installed - and I'm guessing not - because custom
careers can cause havoc with the game. Many people couldn't load up the new
EP because of custom careers in their game, especially the skins. If you're
happy with it, fine, but if you start having problems, I'd start by removing
that first.

On a positive note, the people at Mod the Sims 2 (where most of the hack
careers, including this one, are available) are updating the careers to work
with University. I don't know where they are up to with this because I
don't use any hacks with my game - well, now that I've discovered the nudist
hack interferes with the pie menus in University, I don't use any hacks.

Best wishes
Maxon

"P. Brewer" <penny.brewer@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> I made a new family in Sims2 and had one sim look in the newspaper for a
> job. There was one listed for a cheap whore! I wasn't sure if I had read
> this correctly, and had the other sim look for a job and, sure enough, it
> was listed. Naturally, being curious, I had my sim go for it so see what
> would happen. She started out at 24 simoleans, and now has been promoted
> having her own street corner plus a raise! I can't remember on what part
of
> town she was initially working.
>
> My question is, Is this a Sim2 thing? In all my years of playing the sims
> have never saw a listing like this.
>
> pb
>
> --
> penny.brewer@ns.sympatico.ca
> "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
> -Mario Andretti

> My question is, Is this a Sim2 thing? In all my years of playing the sims
> I have never saw a listing like this.

Sounds like you've picked up a hack. It's not part of the original game.

Am Mon, 04 Apr 2005 01:32:35 GMT schrieb P. Brewer:

> I made a new family in Sims2 and had one sim look in the newspaper for a
> job. There was one listed for a cheap whore! I wasn't sure if I had read
> this correctly, and had the other sim look for a job and, sure enough, it
> was listed. Naturally, being curious, I had my sim go for it so see what
> would happen. She started out at 24 simoleans, and now has been promoted to
> having her own street corner plus a raise! I can't remember on what part of
> town she was initially working.
>
> My question is, Is this a Sim2 thing? In all my years of playing the sims I
> have never saw a listing like this.

Had the same thing one day, and even some of my already well-established
working Sims were suddenly in that business ...
Go to modthesims2.com and download the CleanInstaller, then you can
deactivate or delete unwanted hacks. :)

Dorte

Thank you for all your replies. I'm on my way to Mod the Sims 2 to download
the CleanInstaller that was mentioned but I still am curious to see how far
my sim will go with this career. She's already picked up a disease! Btw,
at the moment, it's not creativity points she needs, its charisma!

"Dorte Schünecke" <schueneckeDELETE@web.de> wrote in message
> Am Mon, 04 Apr 2005 01:32:35 GMT schrieb P. Brewer:
>
>> I made a new family in Sims2 and had one sim look in the newspaper for a
>> job. There was one listed for a cheap whore! I wasn't sure if I had
>> read
>> this correctly, and had the other sim look for a job and, sure enough, it
>> was listed. Naturally, being curious, I had my sim go for it so see what
>> would happen. She started out at 24 simoleans, and now has been promoted
>> having her own street corner plus a raise! I can't remember on what part
>> of
>> town she was initially working.
>>
>> My question is, Is this a Sim2 thing? In all my years of playing the
>> sims I
>> have never saw a listing like this.
>>

> Had the same thing one day, and even some of my already well-established
> working Sims were suddenly in that business ...
> Go to modthesims2.com and download the CleanInstaller, then you can
> deactivate or delete unwanted hacks. :)
>
> Dorte

eeewww!