Sign in with
Your question

Hp usb disk storage recovery

Last response: in Storage
November 22, 2010 7:35:48 AM

Hello,
Kingston Datatraveler 100 series could not be open because it is not detected in PC. I checked in other PCs also but the result is same. when I connect the Flash Drive it blink once and after 5 second blink once and after 5 second again blink and continues but couldn't detect it in the PC. I checked in the Disk Management also but still not detected. How can I detect the Flash Drive and recover the data on it.
a b α HP
a c 93 G Storage
November 22, 2010 1:11:19 PM

If you can't get any system to recognize the USB drive, you really only have one option. You would need to contact a data recovery service (if you are willing to pay) to see if they can retrieve the data for you.

There really aren't any feasible end-user options to take the drive apart and try to recover the data.
m
l
a b α HP
a c 93 G Storage
November 23, 2010 10:44:35 AM

Quote:
Spam removed - SS

To do this means the drive must physically be recognized by the computer first. Once that is possible, you may be able to do as ronald30 suggests. From the OP, I don't think this is the case.
m
l
Related resources
December 4, 2010 4:02:54 AM

Try another pc to see whether the same problem?

Usually some recovery tool would be able to help like http://www.icare-recovery.com/howto/pen-drive-not-forma...

However here i think the port of your device might got damaged, and you need to check your wire, and then fix the port.
m
l
a b G Storage
December 4, 2010 5:08:37 AM

COLGeek is right if the device won't get recognized then it's bad. But you may try cagesafe2 suggestion plug it on another computer (may I suggest slowly this time - I have observed people treat USB slots like a metal key to a door, they're different) If it got detected then copy all files to that unit fast. If the copying stops you may consider using a recovery software for that. Try this>
http://www.fileguru.com/File-Recovery-Software/download
m
l
!