justin_prashanth

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
Hello,
Kingston Datatraveler 100 series could not be open because it is not detected in PC. I checked in other PCs also but the result is same. when I connect the Flash Drive it blink once and after 5 second blink once and after 5 second again blink and continues but couldn't detect it in the PC. I checked in the Disk Management also but still not detected. How can I detect the Flash Drive and recover the data on it.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
If you can't get any system to recognize the USB drive, you really only have one option. You would need to contact a data recovery service (if you are willing to pay) to see if they can retrieve the data for you.

There really aren't any feasible end-user options to take the drive apart and try to recover the data.

dEAne

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
COLGeek is right if the device won't get recognized then it's bad. But you may try cagesafe2 suggestion plug it on another computer (may I suggest slowly this time - I have observed people treat USB slots like a metal key to a door, they're different) If it got detected then copy all files to that unit fast. If the copying stops you may consider using a recovery software for that. Try this>
http://www.fileguru.com/File-Recovery-Software/download

Andrea Mathew

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016

Hi
Without detecting your FlashDrive, you won't be able to use any recovery software. Then the one and only solution is to take professional support from a data recovery center, they may help you.