No Users displayed on logon Screen

I recently had a trojan and a few other viruses that were
causing me problems. I was trying to remove one and was
following direction from the web, I had to disable the
system restore. Then makle some changes to the reg edit.
It said to delete this
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID
Later I discovered part of the directions had been
ommitted it should of also included this. (499db658-1909-
420b-931a-4a8caefd232f)
Now that I deleted all that and have no restore point.
What do I do. The computer starts and all seems fine but
it has no users to login into. Is there a way to restore
this. Please HELLLLLLPPP! Thanks so much.

Jeffo

Distinguished
May 11, 2004

I'd say deleting the CLSID registry key was a very major
error that can't be fixed without a reinstall. CLSID
contains tons of registrations for Windows and most of
your applications.
Try booting to the Windows CD and read each screen
carefully. You'll want to do a repair install.
You should also reinstall every application on your
machine, if you want it to work 100%.