A good MB for an i5

Sythix

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Alright here's the deal, I'm thinking about getting myself a new i5 core. But the thing is, I'm a little out of date motherboard wise, haven't kept track of the new ones. Now I know there are tons and tons of boards out there but, what would be the "best" Motherboard $100-$200 for my i5. I have a 4870 gpu if that makes any difference which it probably doesn't. But yeah, spew your opinions this way! :bounce:

Mongox

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Well, not much info to go on. You planning to use it for the internet? You run games? Interesting in overclocking? How much RAM to you plan on. You need fancy graphics or want something built-in?

Here's the best way to start looking. Go to either Asus or Gigabyte's site. Choose your brand and socket of CPU. Pick one of the two chipsets available and see what boards they have. Open up a few to compare directly - look for features, ports, slots and types, graphics ability and compatibility, form factor.

Once you find a couple of boards that look good, try the other site. Find the similar models. Then go to NewEgg or another seller and find what category these boards are in and compare what's there from other mfgs and the prices.

No one can tell you the best motherboard.

Sythix

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
I'm interested in overclocking and I play very resource heavy games, Crysis etc. Wasn't exactly asking for the best, but more of people's personal experience with boards. I plan on using 6-8 gb of ram.