Thermaltake SpinQ - opinions/reviews

Jbeasty

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
I have heard mixed reviews about the spin Q and was wondering if its performance was at least average among other aftermarket heatsinks. People have also said that the mount for amd is kinda loose and the intel mount works better. If i got this heatsink it would be for a amd 940 BE or a 955 BE, so id like to know if it would give enough performance to do some minor OC say...955 @ 3.4/3.6ghz.

Link - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106123&Tpk=spinq

.... any opinions/suggestions would be great =)

Solution

Heres a link to the top 10 heatsinks for an AMD or Intel platform (scroll down to see the AMD line).
And heres a review for the ThermalTake spinQ.

After looking at the reviews, its apparent that the...

g3force

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009

Heres a link to the top 10 heatsinks for an AMD or Intel platform (scroll down to see the AMD line).
And heres a review for the ThermalTake spinQ.

After looking at the reviews, its apparent that the heatsink doesn't have an outstanding thermal efficiency. I would only go for that heatsink for the looks, otherwise, there are better options out there.

Solution

Jbeasty

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
yea, the looks are a big part of why I want it...just want to make sure its average on the cooling and the amd mount works right. Or else im just going to go with the v8 xD.