Most underestimated case i know.

yannifb

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
It's the AZZA Fantom 900. When i was looking for a case that could fit a gtx 295 easily, have amazing airflow, and have very good cable management, i had two things in mind:
The NZXT Tempest or the Antec 900. Unfortunately the Tempests quality was eh and the antec was a tad bit small, and the airflow wasnt like the tempest. But completely by luck i saw a review of the AZZA Fantom, and decided to buy it. And now i dont regret a thing. Here are some major pro's for those looking to buy a new case:
1. 2 230mm silent fans, one side for intake and one top for outtake.
2. 1 120mm rear exhaust fan and 1 140 mm fan just for cooling the 4 HDD cage.
3. Many expansion ports, and room for 5 optical drives or similar items
4. Compartment between the back of mobo and outside of case where you can tuck away all cables= amazing cable management
5. Room for gtx 295 with 2+ inches to spare
6. These rubber black hole things (sorry don't know name =p) for liquid cooling tubes.
7. High quality steel and aluminum body.
8. Nice blue LED's
9. looks, good looks

Go to Newegg or google images for a picture

And a huge plus- its only $99 at newegg with a $50 rebate!

For those of you who want numbers to see how good airflow is, my 295 never goes above 43 at idle, 54 gaming, and 73 synthetic load. The CPU (955 BE) stays at 34 at idle and normal operation, 40 during gaming, and never past 50 at synthetic load- on stock cooler! Ambient room temp is 68-70 Fahrenheit

silversurfernhs

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009

Persistence is the key, i always receive my rebates, though sometimes i need to raise hell if the company treats me like any other skipped "number" in their system.

Oh yeah, and scan everything, into some form of printable document, so they (and you) never lose the receipt, model number...
HP had me send them a UPC and receipt twice, after many angry calls.

silversurfernhs

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
Oh, but to get back to the post, lol, i think there are many better looking cases in this price category, with more functionality as well.

Thermaltake V9 Black Edition

COOLER MASTER NV 690

Wayoffbase

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009

1.&2. Nice, the trend towards 120mm+ fans is a good thing.
3. Nothing special there, a little on the low side maybe.
4.&5. Sounds good, should be standard on all newer cases these days.
6. ok
7. Based on the pictures, it looks like cheap steel and plastic(?), I only see aluminum on the front door. I hate front doors on PCs.
8. If I never see another blue LED on a computer case, it will be too soon.
9. Maybe it looks better in person if it really doesn't have any plastic, I think it's really ugly though. Matter of opinion.

Unless it is a lot better in person than it is online, I would say $100 is way too much but $50 would be a great deal. Wonderful if you are into the blue LED thing.

prelude2250

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
it takes for @#$%^&* ever but I always get my rebates back. The case looks usable but a little to transformerish for my taste. Glad your happy with your purchase. My antec 900 is a little too small. I want the nzxt whisper and mod my own window on the side.

yannifb

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009

Is the whisper the really simple but at the same time sleek and cool one?

yannifb

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009

Newegg doesnt ship it with a psu. I used a 750tx from corsair.

prelude2250

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009

http://www.nzxt.com/products/whisper/

Yeah, it looks really promising. has sound proofing, space for 10 hard drives! and looks like a great layout. I'ts got room to mount a radiator on the side or top, pre-drilled holes for water-cooling, and even comes with a power supply sound dampener. Only issue is no see through panel. But thats what dremel tools are for. I'd like to use something nice and thick for the window to keep the soundproofing working.