Sign in with
Your question

I am having a problem setting up a raid array on ASUS A7V266-E

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 4, 2009 5:50:42 AM

On a ASUS a7v266-E Mainboard I have tried to set up raid and i am having problems. The ASUS manual said move jumper to cover pins 2 and 3 which i have done ( i have also tried on jumper 1 and 2) placed the jumpers on both hard identical hard drives as master and put in ide cable into primary ide and secondary ide (like instructions says) but when i boot up it tries to go into opperating system. it appears to bypass the fastrac BIOS. any help would be greatly appreciated. I have also trid moving the ide cable from the ide connectors onto the promise connectors
a b V Motherboard
October 6, 2009 9:47:21 AM

Hmmm... tried a new bunch of IDE cables?
m
l
October 22, 2009 4:47:29 AM

Quote:
On a ASUS a7v266-E Mainboard I have tried to set up raid and i am having problems. The ASUS manual said move jumper to cover pins 2 and 3 which i have done ( i have also tried on jumper 1 and 2) placed the jumpers on both hard identical hard drives as master and put in ide cable into primary ide and secondary ide (like instructions says) but when i boot up it tries to go into opperating system. it appears to bypass the fastrac BIOS. any help would be greatly appreciated. I have also trid moving the ide cable from the ide connectors onto the promise connectors

How large are your drives? Is your BIOS up to date, are you using 80 connector IDE cables. (the ends should be colour coded blue, black and grey.)

I'm trying to do the same thing and having different problems. Asus A7V266-E rev 1.07, BIOS 1011, with Athlon 1.4 mhz, Windows XP service pac 3. I can get into the fastbuild utiility that is supposed to set up the RAID 1 array, but it identifies my drives as 131 gb, instead of the 150 actual.

I had to flash the BIOS and force Windows to accept updated drivers for the fastrak RAID controller. They aren't digitally signed so MS argued against it. I cloned my old drive to a partition on the new drive, and placed it on the Promise IDE primary, put the twin drive on the Promise IDE secondary,both set to masters, switched the RAID jumper to pins 2 and 3, and rebooted. The configuration entered the "fastbuild utility" which was to set up the array. I wanted RAID 1 so followed manual instructions and the utility mirrorred the second drive, although identifying the drives as 131 instead of 150mb. The main BIOS identified them wrong also until I flashed to new BIOS. Any attempt to boot up the system results in a hang followed by a restart.
m
l
!