Sign in with
Your question

Physx card worth it?

Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
January 12, 2011 12:22:09 PM

I found a nvidia 9800gt for 30$ new.I could use it with my 5850 as a physx card.Do you think it is worth it?

More about : physx card worth

a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
January 12, 2011 1:13:15 PM

You can't use a ATI card with physx because Nvidia is gay and locks their drivers the second they detect an ATI card even if it isn't doing anything and only plugged in. I guess it ends it right here.

I don't even think Physx is worth it. Do you even play any physx games?
a b K Overclocking
January 12, 2011 1:35:22 PM

rofl_my_waffle said:
You can't use a ATI card with physx because Nvidia is gay and locks their drivers the second they detect an ATI card even if it isn't doing anything and only plugged in. I guess it ends it right here.

I don't even think Physx is worth it. Do you even play any physx games?

You can with a hack and older drivers;)I play some physx games namely:batman arkham asylum,mafia 2 and I'm going to try cryostasis.You're probably right though,getting the 9800gt as a physx card is a waste.I amy get it for my other 8500gt pc.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
January 13, 2011 10:47:02 AM

Buying a GCard just for the PhysX is a waste, I would agree. However, if you are looking into an upgrade, it would be advised by many to pick a card with PhysX support. Remember PhysX support costs a tad bit more, giving ATI cards better value for money. I have been a fan of NVidia for my whole life (I once bought an ATI card to replace my FX5200, but the performance was VERY bad, even though the ATI was more expensive), and because I only use Intel processors, the combo works. I'd recommend NVidia, because I have not yet been disappointed, but as I said, I would not buy NVidia purely for the PhysX experience.
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
a b K Overclocking
January 16, 2011 12:57:49 PM

I agree with you malmental.... a 100%, I remember being banned from this site for 14 days after a showdown with some dude about the Physx setup.... I still wonder why was I banned and not the guy who started being hostile in the first place... but anyways .... like I say, C'est la vie..... with the Physx is any day better..... say, do you have the Ageia Card?..... I've got one but ...... it really gets too hot..... am looking to get a WC loop for it..... someday.... and then I'll plug it in.... until then I'm stuck with a Nvidia Card....
!