Anyone having success ocing sandy bridge past 4.5ghz stable?

Debeucci

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2002
I've been trying to overclock my 2500k for the past few days. It autotunes to 4.4-4.5ghz easily. I can manually tune it to 4.5 without much of a problem.

However, it almost always fails a prime95 torture test regardless if I did the tuning or the autotune did. Temperatures are definitely not an issue, It's rarely gone above 50C at highest load. I don't think it's my cooling. I'm using a ft02 with a noctua dh-14 cooler.

I've been fiddling around with several of the asus settings but none seems to help. processor voltage is set to 1.35, cpu pll is at 1.8125, and i've fiddled with the vigi+drm with different settings. None seem to help.

Does anyone have some insight on how to achieve a high stable clock? I'd like to hit 4.7-5if possible.

I'd love to know what settings you've set to successfully oc it. I know not all cpus are alike so it could be just mine.

Thanks!

benson733

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
Are you saying the new auto tune feature also fails stress testing at 4.4-4.5ghz or it fails when you go anything past that?

I cant really help because I'm a noob who is also looking to clock my sandy bridge rig when the parts get here in a couple weeks.

ps. is 4.5ghz not enough lol