Two routers and a switch

nitro901

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
I have set up two routers and a switch. The second "router2" currently will only be used for wireless connectivity to access other devices on the network and the internet.

Router1 (NON-wireless) has a static WAN IP from my provider. I set its LAN side to 192.168.1.1 with Local DHCP enabled. A LAN port on router1 is connected to my switch. The WAN port to my ISP. All wired LAN devices are currently connected to this switch and everything works.

Router2 is wireless and it's WAN port is connected to my switch. I have the WAN ip on this router set to 192.168.1.130, and it's LAN side is 192.168.2.1

From a pc connected to my switch i can ping router2, 192.168.1.130, but I cannot connect to it in a browser, but I can connect to both Router1 and Router2 via a wireless connection and I am able to access the internet through Router1.

So really my only issue i am aware of is from a pc connected to my switch I cannot administer router2 (only can via wireless). Nor can I ping a laptop wirelessly connected to router2.

I have a route statement:
destination LAN 192.168.2.0
subnet 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.130

I know something is not right, maybe i need more route statements?

nitro901

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009

Maybe I wasn't real clear on a few things.

Router1 is my gateway to the internet and is NOT wireless
Router2 is wireless and I can access the internet from a wireless pc connected to Router2
I cant administer router2 from a pc connected to my switch, but I can from a pc with a wireless connection to router2.

I'm sure I'll need to clarify further so please ask.

Thanks

sturm

Splendid
You are dealing with two different networks. I would turn off dhcp on the wireless router, essentially making it a switch/AP.
Other option is to put in a route in either the switch or the main router directing all traffic to the 2nd network through the wireless router.