Overclocking 8600 GTS

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Overclocking
  • Temperature
  • Nvidia
Last response: in Overclocking
January 12, 2011 4:50:31 PM

I have Nvidia 8600 GTS and I am wanting to overclock it, but I have a couple questions before I begin.

What is the highest (safe) temperature this card can reach? I ask this because without any overclocking, this card reaches up to around 93 degrees at max use.

What is the potential for overclocking, as in how high can the core clock go? (Maybe someone has overclocked this card before...)

Thanks

More about : overclocking 8600 gts

a b K Overclocking
January 12, 2011 8:19:20 PM

Repaste that card!!! lol...that temp allready is pretty high...
I would say that keeping it below 80 would be the rigth temp...
but not that high, if you have that temp on stock clocks then
you have no room for overcocking...

If i'm not mistaken, as I have not had that card, I will tell you this;
You need to somehow fix your heating issue first. Repaste the gpu with some new high quality thermal paste, and/or get a nicer after market cooler for that card... then when you lower your teps you can actually start thinking about overclocking...lol...
m
l
January 12, 2011 8:44:06 PM

What temperature would be a safe temperature to start overclocking? Also, what should be the highest temperature my GPU should reach under max use?
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
January 13, 2011 3:39:58 PM

As I said in the earlier post, if I were you I'd keep the max load temp 80 or below (once your heat problem is fixed). So max would be 80 and anything else below that is good...
when your card starts reaching to the temps you have it at now it lowers the life of your card a bit because those temps is when the stuff starts to get unsoldered on the card...
January 13, 2011 4:32:54 PM

Oh sorry, I didn't see you posted the temperature already. I will try that out, thanks for the help.
m
l
January 13, 2011 4:33:02 PM

Best answer selected by LibDem.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
January 13, 2011 7:19:24 PM

yeah no problem...if you need any help or have any questions...shoot them at me...
;) 
m
l
!