What just happened!!!??!

yannifb

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
I was running amd overdrive with a 955 BE on a stock cooler. I ran a stability test, and the max temps at full load were 49.5, all cores. So i thought i had room for very minor overclocking. I just increased the clock rate by 1 Mghz, and left the multiplier alone. I ran a benchmark and there was minimal improvement. So i decided to wait till my thermaltrue 120 extreme comes in to oc anymore, and i restored the processor settings back to normal (200 clock, 16x multiplier). And i also always have AMD cool and quiet, so when im not doing anything processor intensive the multiplier goes to 4x.

Here is the crazy part!!:
I open speed fan and CPUz hardware monitor, and AMD overdrive status monitor and.....
103 CELSIUS CORE TEMPS!!!!
I did'nt believe it, but i felt the air coming out of my case's top exhaust fan and it was HOTTT. Then immediately shut down the PC, booted up, went into BIOS to fix the settings. But everything was normal. When i checked the 3 programs i previously stated's temp monitors, they reported 45C and, while im typing this they said 34C.

What happened?

yannifb

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009

The PSU is great, it's a 750watt Corsair 750tx