Overclocking the EVGA GTX 580 SC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

studioman22

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
So what are the max stable OC settings for this card with the stock cooler? I've read around a bit on this, and some people claim to be getting a stable 850 Mhz (up from 797) with the stock cooler. Some are adding the EVGA backplate, and others are adding aftermarket GPU coolers.

The reason I ask is I just bought one, and one of these days when Crysis 2 makes me want another one, I might give it an OC boost instead. So if you have one and have done it, it'd be great to hear from you. It'll be on an ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, for the rest click sig.

But before you answer that, can you tell me why in the world you'd need more FPS than this card (already mildly OC'd from EVGA) can deliver?

Sorry, I am snowed in and bored and my rig is sitting at UPS- they can't deliver it (snow). :(

videl

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
lol...that sucks...well overclocking is for pushing more out...that's all it is about...even if you have a really nice card, why not try pushing more out of it? lol...
But you should just test and see for yourself how high of an overclock you can get the card to before it starts artifacting...

izoli

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011

I have evga GTX580 stable 880MHz core clock, 1760MHz shader clock, 2025MHz memory clock, 1125mV core voltage

30minutes of MSI Kombustor max temp reached 68c also tested on CSS, SC2, WoW, Blur, Crysis2 and worked perfect for them all

http://imageshack.us/f/685/compp.png/

That one wasnt my main test its just after like 8 minutes, but the temp doesn't go up anymore than that

Status
Not open for further replies.