GTX 295 Quad SLI running slow?

Teague

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
I've only recently found out about 3DMark and I really appreciate being able to ask the community for help - cheers! :)

I've just bought a pre-built gaming PC, trying to making sure I'd have no troubles maxing out graphics and generally having fun. :sol:

Specs
CPU: i7 extreme 965
GPU's: Gainward GTX 295 SLI
Mobo: Asus P6T X58
RAM: 6gb 1333MHz DDR3
HDD: 60gb SSD
Monitor: 30" Samsung (2560 x 1600).

:fou:
I was pretty disappointed to see the benchmark results, mainly for the GPU score.
http://service.futuremark.com/home.action?resultId=1042688&resultType=19

I would have thought with the same graphics cards I would have been in the same ballpark as the fastest system out there, and the graph on the left looks like I have the slowest of similar spec cards??

I'd really appreciate any insights you might have!

Hammeh

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Could be an issue with your cards not having enough power. What type of PSU are you using?
Also, don't forget on 3dmark that the top computers are mainly all overclocked so its not a fair comparision if your are running yours at stock clockspeeds.

ncc74656

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
My first thought is just looking at his CPU he has his video cards liquid cooled and over clocked likemad, still... given his performance on the physix test he most likely has 3 cards set to render and 1 set to be a dedicated physics card, Do you have this? Also his FSB is considerably faster thain yours so his vid cards will have A LOT more bandwith due to his cpu automatically going up in OPI, stock is 4.8 id be willing to bet he is up in the 7.0 range or higher with that high of a clock, on the X58's the ram is linked to the fsb and opi speeds so the higher you raise it the faster your ram goes, the faster textures and files are loaded and the more performance you get. You can NOT compare a stock system of any kind to a OC mad man, also are you using outdated drivers? since future mark wont acknowledge the version you are using as 'legal'. also that board he is using has incredible over clocking abilities, it smokes nearly everything out there in benchmarks... in the end your system just needs more fine tuning, going from a stock to a oc'd to a tuned oc'd system can gain you 20% on top of 10% performance easy.