Desperate move, cruel need of advice.

rempa

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
Greetings,

I´m looking for a Motherboard compatible with those sets of DDR3 memory sticks:
Corsair TW3X4G1333C9DHX and OCZ3P13334GK.

I actually have a P5Q3 Deluxe and I never manage to make it work, it´s so frustrating...
I need advice cause I can´t go wrong with the next MB, I live in domincan republic so everything I buy is online and in my case the RMA process is long and costly...
I have a Q9550, an ATI radeon 4870 X2 and a 650W PSU. I don´t really have a limited budget if i´m sure that theroricaly it will work (unless DOA or bad luck :fou: )

Thank you for your time and help.

Newf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
Your ram will default to the wrong settings in your motherboard.
Try one stick only, and go immediately to bios setup.
Set the speed to 667 and see if you can get a stable system.
If so, from there you can play with the ram settings and add the rest of the memory.

rempa

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
It doesnt even start, I tried one stick after another, I checked if it was the GC but no, she works perfectly, I know that the P5Q3 is famous for her memory compatibility problems... I´m looking for an alternative...

The problem is that the best socket 775 motherboards use DDR2, not DDR3. You could get a Foxconn BlackOps or RMA your Asus P5Q3 Deluxe, but they are not as good as a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P, an Asus P5Q Deluxe or a BIOSTAR TPower I45. I built systems with those motherboards, G.Skill DDR2-800 memory and they are stable.

rempa

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
Ok, imagine another CPU and motherboard combo, What could it be? even If I go i5 or i7, at this level I don´t care anymore, I just want to use those 8go with a good motherboard :(

You'll probably run into some issues running those kits together, no matter what motherboard you get. Why not sell one kit and buy a new one that's identical to the one that you'll keep? Better yet, why not get 2 kits that are on the QVL for your current motherboard?