Sign in with
Your question

Cant view pictures from sd card on computer

Last response: in Storage
November 23, 2010 8:52:38 PM

Hello,
i have pictures on my camera over 400 pics and when i put the sd card in my comp it shows that there is memory used , but when i go to open the card up it shows no folders in it . any advice would be helpful thanks
a b G Storage
November 24, 2010 12:06:10 PM

What camera do you have/ What card is it?
Make sure the slider on the card is not "locked".
m
l
November 24, 2010 3:13:19 PM

How about pluging the camera into the PC via a usb cable to see if that helps out at all? if your able to view things that way it may be the card reader, if not then try to see if the SD Card has some lock slider on itself.

m
l
Related resources
November 24, 2010 5:52:47 PM

IF the sd card is damaged or otherwise unreadable by digital cameras or computers, through sd card readers, then you may have a card with a damaged controller (internally). If so, there's only one way to retrieve the pictures (trust me, I had this problem recently). There's a great website/service @ http://card-recovery.biz/us/service.php that can recover pictures by removing the interal memory chip and reading it. The company is Recoverfab and they saved my pictures that I was for sure were lost forever.
m
l
November 25, 2010 4:12:53 AM

when you stick your card back into your camera, are they still there??? if not, they are gone forever... if your card reader is old, the controller might be gone on them....
m
l
January 2, 2012 3:10:22 PM

hermiehunter said:
IF the sd card is damaged or otherwise unreadable by digital cameras or computers, through sd card readers, then you may have a card with a damaged controller (internally). If so, there's only one way to retrieve the pictures (trust me, I had this problem recently). There's a great website/service @ http://card-recovery.biz/us/service.php that can recover pictures by removing the interal memory chip and reading it. The company is Recoverfab and they saved my pictures that I was for sure were lost forever.

i
m
l
April 19, 2012 5:59:43 AM

bellsy_44 said:
Hello,
i have pictures on my camera over 400 pics and when i put the sd card in my comp it shows that there is memory used , but when i go to open the card up it shows no folders in it . any advice would be helpful thanks

Hi bellsy,

You should try to access the files via their absolute path. Try going into Run Line in Windows (Start>Accessories>Run) and enter the next path: "F:\DCIM\" (F being the removable drive for the SD card).

Now you should view all the files...

m
l
October 8, 2012 8:20:54 PM

juanjocorzo said:
Hi bellsy,

You should try to access the files via their absolute path. Try going into Run Line in Windows (Start>Accessories>Run) and enter the next path: "F:\DCIM\" (F being the removable drive for the SD card).

Now you should view all the files...

hi thx mate its woking. once again thx a lot.
m
l
February 16, 2013 8:20:15 AM

mohaninmohan said:
hi thx mate its woking. once again thx a lot.

Thanks!!! This worked.I tried lot may things, all malware and antivirus everything failed but this is so easy....
m
l
!