ATI Sapphie HD 3850 AGP Strange issues.

G

Ok so ive gotten myself an ATI Sapphie AGP 3850 HD a few moths ago and it worked fine. With the latest patches the problem now is that despite the games still work just fine lots of performance issues have cropped up such as...

On websites with lots of pictures you scroll to fast and the monitor tells me it's lost video. After a few seconds the screen comes back on but VPU recoverery toll tells me "Your graphics driver had to be reset it was no longer responding to commands"

Browsing files on my computer causes slow perfomance for some reason. When i try to play a few audi files the computer acts as if i aske dit to calculate the answer to life, the universe and everyting.

If i drag some windows around i see wird lines of pixels that seem to have just given up and decided to become any colour they feel like.

Videos which i used to be able to watch in HD now become laggy. On youtube the HQ videos are fine but the HD videos are not.

My system specs are...

The aforemationed card.
2.5 gigs of RAM
AMD Athlon 3400
Windows XP home edition.

Any help would be amazing thanks.

daedalus685

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
Sounds like you have some demons in the OS install..

I mean no offence at all, but more than likely your OS install is a mess. When was the last time you formatted? Where I in your situation I would format and reisntall windows, that will probably fix all of your issues.

If that is too much work, download ccleaner, driver sweaper, etc. and clean up the registry, temp files, etc etc. Reisntall drivers and so on.

DaMAn42

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
Wait you fools I aggree the Os may be a mess but lets try microsoft windows internal commands before we go to 3rd party regestery cleaners. Thats like treating athletes foot with a cheese grader. Go to run in command in the start menu. Run CMD. This will open a dos prompt window. Then type (sfc /scannow). This will take a few it will check your windows core files for abnormailtys. Correct them if it can or at least lwt you know if your boned. Now if you pass try running dirrect X diags to get a feel for it. Then start thinking about regestery cleaners or OSRI.

TRENDING THREADS