Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Need help in overclocking for the first time.

Tags:
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
January 13, 2011 6:36:31 PM

Hello,

I'd like to find out if my system can be overclocked without heating too much to create a need for extra cooling.

My specs are:
(Giving detailed information just in case, even though i don't understand half of them, i think they might be useful for you.)

ASUS P5KSE motherboard

Intel Core2Duo 6550@2.33GHz

Axle Nvidia GeForce 9600GT 2GB
DDR2 256 Bits (Core 700mhz, Shaders 1625mhz, Memory 266 Mhz)

As for the rams, i'm getting a 4GB (2x2 kit) Kingston HyperX 1066 DDR2 Non-ECC CL5 (5-5-5-15).

So, if i run the rams at 1066 in 2.2V, would it be safe to OC my CPU to 3.0 or more? And also, can my GPU be overclocked?

And for my last question, what are the options, the numbers that i should use while OCing these? This is my first time OCing.

Thank you all in advance.

More about : overclocking time

January 13, 2011 7:44:36 PM

Thank you very much! Would it worth to OC the GPU, i don't want to mess with it unless the gain in performance is worth my while.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
January 13, 2011 7:47:10 PM

Welcome, might be good idea to read that article twice, then print it out and attempt the OC, that way you'll have a good idea going into it and then have the article next to you if you run into a snag.

As for the 9600 overclocking, look around after googling it, you might be able to find a good article on it. In my opinion, that is a very mediocre card so you won't see too much gain when overclocking it.

OC-ing the CPU will give you some benefit though.
January 13, 2011 8:49:59 PM

Thank you again! I'll be sure to print it out before attempting the OC to make sure i won't mess something up :) 
m
l
January 13, 2011 11:36:55 PM

Best answer selected by Oskay.
m
l
!