Reference offer for DVR for DirecTV

Last response: in Home Theatre
January 27, 2005 11:14:44 AM

Did anyone take up DirecTV on their $99 offer for a DVR (TIVO) or
whatever they call it. Did it replace your receiver?
Did your bill go up? Were there any hidden charges? Just curious as I
sent them an email asking the same questions but
never received any response from them! If in fact the only charge would
be $99 it sounded like a good deal.

Lee
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 12:19:23 AM

Lee Bray wrote:
> Did anyone take up DirecTV on their $99 offer for a DVR (TIVO) or
> whatever they call it. Did it replace your receiver?
> Did your bill go up? Were there any hidden charges? Just curious as I
> sent them an email asking the same questions but
> never received any response from them! If in fact the only charge would
> be $99 it sounded like a good deal.
>
> Lee

Lee,

They gave me one for free after a little complaining about them pushing
a bad firmware update to my Hughes GEABOA receiver. It did cost me $15
for shipping and $4.99 monthly fee for the DVR service. The install was
free also but that may have been part of the deal for complaining.

Scott
!