Reference offer for DVR for DirecTV

Did anyone take up DirecTV on their $99 offer for a DVR (TIVO) or
whatever they call it. Did it replace your receiver?
Did your bill go up? Were there any hidden charges? Just curious as I
sent them an email asking the same questions but
never received any response from them! If in fact the only charge would
be $99 it sounded like a good deal.

Lee
1 answer Last reply
More about reference offer directv
  1. Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv (More info?)

    Lee Bray wrote:
    > Did anyone take up DirecTV on their $99 offer for a DVR (TIVO) or
    > whatever they call it. Did it replace your receiver?
    > Did your bill go up? Were there any hidden charges? Just curious as I
    > sent them an email asking the same questions but
    > never received any response from them! If in fact the only charge would
    > be $99 it sounded like a good deal.
    >
    > Lee

    Lee,

    They gave me one for free after a little complaining about them pushing
    a bad firmware update to my Hughes GEABOA receiver. It did cost me $15
    for shipping and $4.99 monthly fee for the DVR service. The install was
    free also but that may have been part of the deal for complaining.

    Scott

Satellite TV DVR Home Theatre