Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Overclocking Softwere

Last response: in Overclocking
January 14, 2011 3:42:55 AM

hey guys dose anyone know what softwere there is to use to overclock the cpu in windows 7 64bit. i dont waht to use the bios its to slow. im useing a asus p5e3 M/B and Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 with a coolermaster v10.

Thanks

More about : overclocking softwere

a c 139 à CPUs
a c 242 K Overclocking
January 14, 2011 5:13:00 AM

best over clocking CPU from Bios.
if u want software u must upgrade your CPU/ use Sandy bridge ! easy use overcloker tuner !
if u have GPU .. yes use software for overclock it.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 17, 2011 8:28:42 AM

Overclock from the bios. There's nothing slow about it (enter a number and press F10) and software overclocking hardly ever works, and when it does it's often unstable or randomly boots without the overclock in place.

If you're serious about overclocking do it the correct way, through your bios.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 17, 2011 4:47:27 PM

pixelate2 said:
hey guys dose anyone know what softwere there is to use to overclock the cpu in windows 7 64bit. i dont waht to use the bios its to slow. im useing a asus p5e3 M/B and Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 with a coolermaster v10.

Thanks

You are using a QX9650, which has an unlocked multiplier. This is one of the easiest CPUs to OC in the BIOS.

All you have to do is make sure your ram timing are set to mfg. specs and change the multiplier setting to a higher number (i.e. 9 to 10) and you have a good OC.

The only other setting you will eventually have to raise is the CPU Vc. (i.e. 1.285 to 1.3625)

Monitor your temps using "Core Temp" and try to keep them running no higher than mid-sixties C and you will be good to go.

Good luck.:) 
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 17, 2011 6:24:09 PM

^ +1

this.
m
l
January 18, 2011 3:50:21 AM

Best answer selected by pixelate2.
m
l