abhishekk89

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
hi everybody !! :D
decided to buy a core i5 750 and a suitable motherboard(its a new build and need to decide on the rest of the components)...

narrowed down the options to gigabyte P55-UD4P and asus P7P55D..
Since they price diff is about $20 it doesn't matter much to me...

this is basically going to be a htpc which will double as a gaming rig to play at full hd resolutions...

so which one should i pick up ??

and hey forgot to mention... i'm going to buy later in december this year.. sometime during christmas... so if any new boards are expected i don't mind waiting..

^ The Gigabyte is a better board...But it would depend more on the requirements of the OP...
@abhishekk89 If you are planning for multiple graphic cards, the Gigabyte is better as it would run the 2 cards in x8x8 rather than x16x4...
And sure there would be newer revisions of the P55 mobos...So it is better you wait before deciding on the mobo...

Not sure when, but USB 3.0 and SATA 6 are on the horizon. SATA 6 will not help mechanical HDDs - But SSD's are a nother story. As SSD improve, and come down in price they will benifit from SATA 6.

My preference in MB - tend to lean toward Gigabyte. Not to knock the Asus. as gkay09 stated - look at the features, not what you plan on, but what you might want to add later.