Sata female to ide female adapters

mrtoesterman

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
i got this laptop, hp dv9815nr, and its almost 3 years old now...... i want to change the HDD to a SSD but i can not find a SSD to do so, only crappy trims. if there a adapter out there for such things,changing modern SSD to my old interface socket???

Solution
I would not recomment that, i have no idea if trim will still work and besides you'll be so interface limited that a ssd won't be worth the money you spend on it.

I'd recommend a new laptop.

I would tell you that you gave up on upgradability once you picked a laptop instead of a desktop, and i guess now its the time to face it.

Personally i'd sell it and get a new one. If your really want that ssd. Or just keep the laptop and buy a new one with a SSD its really not worth the effort to upgrade.

x3style

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
I would not recomment that, i have no idea if trim will still work and besides you'll be so interface limited that a ssd won't be worth the money you spend on it.

I'd recommend a new laptop.

I would tell you that you gave up on upgradability once you picked a laptop instead of a desktop, and i guess now its the time to face it.

Personally i'd sell it and get a new one. If your really want that ssd. Or just keep the laptop and buy a new one with a SSD its really not worth the effort to upgrade.

Solution