highkftj

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
Hello,

I am new to Gaming and OC pc, so maybe this question will sound stupid but I would like to know how can I check if my system is running three channels memory versus dual channels.
The reason why is because I've recently bought a system and I would like to check if it comes with the right specifications.
Do ram modules have a special serial number to distinguish if they are dual or three channel memories?

Thanks

Solution
The BIOS could tell you too, in advance options in the memory section (think). In conclusion, the BIOS also tell you if are three channel or dual dual.

highkftj

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
Thanks,

I heard about this software but do you know if there is any particular code on the banks which should tell us it directly.
Or a particular voice in the bios?

highkftj

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
Thanks,

I will look into that. I ultimately think that all depends on the manufactured mainboard if the bios presents that feature (I am afraid that mainstream consumer mobo don't have this feature, but I will double check)

Also is cpu-z helpful for other porpoises on your system (OC, GPU....)? Like I said I am a newbie on this field :)

Latest posts