Well I need a new MB for my rig :)

My Rig:
Mobo: P5B, Intel P965, LGA775
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, LGA775
GFX: RADEON HD 4870 SAPPHIRE GDDR5
HDD: HD SATA2 1 TB SAMSUNG SPINPOINT F1 HD103UJ 32MB
PSU: SeaSonic S12 PSU, 500Watt
RAM: 2x Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4

And well I don't know much about MB's but i have been thinking about replacing my P5B with this:
MSI P45 Zilent
http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=prodmbspec&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=&cat3_no=&prod_no=1479

Can anyone tell me if it's a decent card? and if it's compatible with my other hardware?

Thanks

^ That is compatible with your other hardware, but I feel this would be better...
If you are not planning for Crossfire, then
GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3L
ASUS P5Q SE PLUS

If you want crossfire option,
GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P
ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo

But even that MSI is not bad...

caliph

Distinguished
May 7, 2009

Thanks although i can only find these:
- Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3LR
- Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3
- ASUS P5Q SE2

I'm thinking about buying the one of the Gigabytes but I'm not sure if the UD3 is worth it since it is a bit more expensive than the UD3LR.

EDIT:
I also came across a ASUS P5Q Pro, but i'm not sure if it's the same as the Pro Turbo

caliph

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
The UD3R is a bit over my price range, and I can't find the UD3L in any shops (i live in denmark), and ordering outside Denmark is not that viable since i need the mb sorta asap (my old one is fried :) )

So i think I'll order the UD3LR as it is in my pricerange and I can get it in a couple of days.

But thank you for your advice =)

If you will not overclock much and this mobo is just a replacement, then I would suggest you take a look at the P43 chipsets too...If the price difference is significant, you can save by going with those chipset mobos...They do offere good features but are a step lower than the P45...
But if the difference is less, then stick with the P45...

caliph

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
The price for the UD3LR is just right =) and i have no plans to OC so that is not a concern, so basically it is just a replacement and it is not meant to be an upgrade (although it probably is a slight upgrade hehe)

^ Hmm...then it fine...
But just check out these mobo...I dont see the need of P45 mobos in your case...And why to simply waste money on parts that one wont take advantage of ?
GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L
ASUS P5QL/EPU

But if you are fine with the UD3LR, then go ahead and get that...

caliph

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
Well for some reason the price difference on the GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L and the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3LR isn't that much so I choose the EP45-UD3LR =)

But again thanks a lot for your help =)