Make my big tower a silent tower

tisello

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Hey is there a possibility for me to "muff" my case so it doesnt sound as much? I mean like putting in some sound damping plastics or something. Ofcourse i wont place it where the airflows are because then my case would be like 200'c and we dont want that :p But i wonder will this increase the temperature?

ulysses35

Distinguished
Several companies sell sound proofing materials - mainly in self adhesive sheets which can be quite effective.

However you are correct by "padding" the inside of the case you will affect the case temeperature - from previous experience by a degree or two, so its nopt a big deal. If you PC is noisey you might be better off buying quiter case fans / HSF

neon neophyte

Splendid
BANNED
i stuffed custom cut styrofoam into several places in my pc. it does help suppress sound somewhat. more or less, i covered most of the front, except for where air comes in. i have 3 5.25 bays, however, only one has a drive in it. so i put styrofoam in the other 2 bays, that actually made a big difference.

i didnt find the concept on google either. just common sense.

tisello

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009

Didnt that increase the temperature like alot?

And did you mean that you padded the airflow systems so that you block some air from coming in? or did you mean from coming out?