uziex1991

Distinguished
May 9, 2009
um...excuse me. i'm a new member here and I've a big question in my mind.
I want to buy a laptop for about $1500,.......the problem is i'm a gamer type but I need to use Autodesk from now on. I wonder what laptop is suitable for me....especially the laptop's graphic card.

rags_20

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
^They do actually, if you have the money. The 280M GPU is great. Laptops are gradually drawing attention for gaming. But if you ask me, I could never game in a laptop. For the same price, you can get so much more performance with a PC plus upgradability plus overclocking potential.

Unless you are doing something really intense, Autodesk runs fine on my laptop (a measly ATI X1400). As for games, which do you want? And if you get a gaming card, the comp will be hot and have a very short battery life. What do you want to use it for (portability wise)?

uziex1991

Distinguished
May 9, 2009
thanks guys....I think I'll use my money for buying laptop that more suitable for the autodesk. And for gaming...I think I'll take my big brother's PC. Lucky me...he's too busy with his job now. But I still have problem on choosing the laptop. can you give me a suggestion for that?

Well, do you have any form requirements? (for example, for college I had to get a tablet, which reduced my options a lot). Another big question, do you want it to be portable? (if you do, then I'd suggest getting a medium screen notebook plus a monitor for while you are doing CAD, since CADing on my 14in screen isn't fun).

uziex1991

Distinguished
May 9, 2009
yeah...I think a medium screen is acceptable, it's enough for me. I don't really like a large size laptop anyway. But I've been thinking about playing game like PES 2009 on the laptop. Are there any suitable laptop for that?...