delpi767

Distinguished
May 9, 2009
I am not a gamer. High end performance in of no consequence to me. Screen real-estate is.

I have a Gigabyte MA78GPM with onboard video. I have displays connected to the onboard ATI video via VGA aid DVI-D.

I want to add a third display so I tried an XFX PCIE 16 Graphics card in the PCIE 16 slot.

It appears that neither the BIOS nor Windows recognizes that card. Am I expecting the impossible?

I also have an ASUS A8NSLI Deluxe. I have two displays connected to it via a GForce 7600.
Can I put a second (non SLI) card (as above) into the second SLI slot and use the cards separately or must they be in an SLI configuration.

Win XP on both machines.

Thanks,

Mac

Hammeh

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
I have a Gigabyte MA78GPM with onboard video. I have displays connected to the onboard ATI video via VGA aid DVI-D.

I want to add a third display so I tried an XFX PCIE 16 Graphics card in the PCIE 16 slot.

It appears that neither the BIOS nor Windows recognizes that card. Am I expecting the impossible?
If you have two monitors connected to the integrated card then this card will become inactive after you have connected and installed a proper PCI-E graphics card. As for it not being recognised, have you tried downloading and installing the latest drivers from the card manufacturers website?

I also have an ASUS A8NSLI Deluxe. I have two displays connected to it via a GForce 7600.
Can I put a second (non SLI) card (as above) into the second SLI slot and use the cards separately or must they be in an SLI configuration.
I think they have to be in SLI for multiple monitors. The only use for a difference card is for a dedicated physx card but since you are not a gamer it would have no use.

delpi767

Distinguished
May 9, 2009

Thanks -

I haven't downloaded the latest drivers but I don't think that Windows will see the display adapter if the BIOS doesn't, so new drivers wouldn't help.

I've done a bit of reading and it seems that if I use a crossfire enabled video card I can enable "SurroundView" and use four displays. I've ordered a crossfire card. Hopefully that will solve my problem.