Sign in with
Your question

Reset attempted windows xp install

Last response: in Windows XP
September 17, 2011 9:58:53 PM

I took the last ide harddrive out of my computer and now it only has sata drives. it wouldn't boot without a floppy and a repair installation of windows xp was suggested. during installation windows said it couldn't recognize the mass storage devices so i downloaded the sata raid driver from gigabytes web site on to floppy and used it for the installation. keep getting just restart after restart when booting to harddrive. im thinking i should have used the chipset inf file instead of raid driver as i dont have raid. whenever i try to start the installation over, it knows it has previously ran and picks up where it left off with no success. how can i clear it so it statrs the repair installation fresh instead of where it left off. thanks
September 20, 2011 7:51:33 AM

mopar_dave said:
I took the last ide harddrive out of my computer and now it only has sata drives. it wouldn't boot without a floppy and a repair installation of windows xp was suggested. during installation windows said it couldn't recognize the mass storage devices so i downloaded the sata raid driver from gigabytes web site on to floppy and used it for the installation. keep getting just restart after restart when booting to harddrive. im thinking i should have used the chipset inf file instead of raid driver as i dont have raid. whenever i try to start the installation over, it knows it has previously ran and picks up where it left off with no success. how can i clear it so it statrs the repair installation fresh instead of where it left off. thanks

Don't you have a restore point to fall back on ?

Check the boot.ini file for any reference to the partial install, or just post the contents, if not sure what to do.
m
l
Related resources
!