MB memory test after restart, HD not seen

Soel11

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Sup,

My current board for 2 years EVGA LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI.

My issue:

A few months ago the issue of my computer running a memory test during bios startup involuntarily, then after it's finished or I skip it. The details that show which port your hd is in shows no hd. When I went to check the details in the bios all HD choices were set to Removable and the Sata/IDE option said disabled. I've been dealing with the issue by reseting bios to default and that does the job of no memory test and hd recognized.

I've also noticed that after leaving computer on for a bit, sometimes the Realtek audio error message comes up saying audio jacks been unplugged; therefore no sound. This seems to coincide with the above problem. Note I've also restart computer due to other matters and sometimes came across the issue stated. So after I restart and load defaults in bios setting, everything is operational again.

What I've ruled out was its not the memory banks or cards, since I've test different ones and switch the banks. So from my description you can see that it mostly is the motherboard and probably the audio portion of the board.

Any feedback to how this issue may have occurred and/or solutions is much appreciated. Also trying to see if there is a solution that doesn't end with me buy a new mb, but I know it's will lead to that.

Soel11

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Both battery concerns are plausible. Thanks I'll check more into the cmos battery error. I didn't think of it since I didn't see the other errors related the battery.

Soel11

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Been busy and just dealing with situation so far.

As an update:

Common faults with cmos don't show up so that kind of drops the cmos battery being an issue in my eyes.

I'm still curious about the Realtek audio on the board. I was thinking of reinstaling the MB disk audio drivers when I get a chance. Since the part I mentioned about finding a correlation between the audio dying on me, or it's unplugged popup error after turning computer on from standby or logoff.

A few days ago I disabled the realtek driver, when the error of audio jack unplugged showed up. When I enabled it, my computer restarted, but after showing a blue screen for a few secs. I'm assuming the blue screen message pertained to the audio?