Reverse playlists?

April 8, 2005 3:46:48 PM

Is it just me or does PPC WMP create playlists backwards?

WMP v8.5

Here's what I've done:

1. Create folder on storage card
2. Copy files to folder
3. Create Playlist in PPC WMP
4. Select folder (which selects files in it)
5. Play playlist

The files now play in reverse order.

If this isn't just me doing something wrong, how the heck did this ever
get out of testing?

This should be hugely embarrassing for anyone involved w/ this product
group. Is this fixed yet? I've seen similar problems w/ the PC version
mangling playlists. Seems like I always have to manually rearrage them.

Meanwhile, I've noticed the .asx files are xml files. I supposed I will
write a tool to reverse them.

More about : reverse playlists

Anonymous
April 8, 2005 9:08:57 PM

Imagine how embarrased you'd be if you found a menu setting which said
"shuffle" or "reverse" and found that was the cause. I don't know if
WMP8.5 has this, but 9 has a "shuffle" setting under Tools.

It might be worth a quick look to see if that isn't interfering ...

Cheers - Neil

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 11:46:48 -0500, Kerry Gerhard
<nospam@buggeroff.com> wrote:

>Is it just me or does PPC WMP create playlists backwards?
>
>WMP v8.5
>
>Here's what I've done:
>
>1. Create folder on storage card
>2. Copy files to folder
>3. Create Playlist in PPC WMP
>4. Select folder (which selects files in it)
>5. Play playlist
>
>The files now play in reverse order.
>
>If this isn't just me doing something wrong, how the heck did this ever
>get out of testing?
>
>This should be hugely embarrassing for anyone involved w/ this product
>group. Is this fixed yet? I've seen similar problems w/ the PC version
>mangling playlists. Seems like I always have to manually rearrage them.
>
>Meanwhile, I've noticed the .asx files are xml files. I supposed I will
>write a tool to reverse them.
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 9:40:29 PM

The Shuffle menu item is for random play and there is no Reverse menu
option.

If there were a 'Reverse' option and I had not thought to look before I
posted then yes, I would be embarassed.

But really, I'm just wondering if others have experienced the same thing...

Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media] wrote:
> Imagine how embarrased you'd be if you found a menu setting which said
> "shuffle" or "reverse" and found that was the cause. I don't know if
> WMP8.5 has this, but 9 has a "shuffle" setting under Tools.
>
> It might be worth a quick look to see if that isn't interfering ...
>
> Cheers - Neil

April 9, 2005 3:10:54 PM

Well I can only speak for me, I've never seen a reversed playlist +1
vote ;-) Cheers - Neil

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 17:40:29 -0500, Kerry Gerhard
<nospam@buggeroff.com> wrote:

>The Shuffle menu item is for random play and there is no Reverse menu
>option.
>
>If there were a 'Reverse' option and I had not thought to look before I
>posted then yes, I would be embarassed.
>
>But really, I'm just wondering if others have experienced the same thing...
>
>Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media] wrote:
>> Imagine how embarrased you'd be if you found a menu setting which said
>> "shuffle" or "reverse" and found that was the cause. I don't know if
>> WMP8.5 has this, but 9 has a "shuffle" setting under Tools.
>>
>> It might be worth a quick look to see if that isn't interfering ...
>>
>> Cheers - Neil

Anonymous
May 19, 2005 10:59:04 AM

The reveresed play list is confirmed by HP for all WMPs 8.5. or better as bug.
I can confirm this for H3970, H5500, RX3715, HX2750 from HP, and Delta 300
(WM2k3) from Yakumo. On WMP 10 play list looks lot worse more randomised than
before, no order can be found (updated RX3715)

Werner

"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" wrote:

> Well I can only speak for me, I've never seen a reversed playlist +1
> vote ;-) Cheers - Neil
>

> On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 17:40:29 -0500, Kerry Gerhard
> <nospam@buggeroff.com> wrote:
>
> >The Shuffle menu item is for random play and there is no Reverse menu
> >option.
> >
> >If there were a 'Reverse' option and I had not thought to look before I
> >posted then yes, I would be embarassed.
> >
> >But really, I'm just wondering if others have experienced the same thing...
> >
> >Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media] wrote:
> >> Imagine how embarrased you'd be if you found a menu setting which said
> >> "shuffle" or "reverse" and found that was the cause. I don't know if
> >> WMP8.5 has this, but 9 has a "shuffle" setting under Tools.
> >>
> >> It might be worth a quick look to see if that isn't interfering ...
> >>
> >> Cheers - Neil

May 25, 2005 2:20:08 PM

The reason I was even looking on this board was the same thing. I enjoy
listening to audio books with about 200 files. I add the folder to a
playlist and then have to manually reorder the entire list because it is
ALWAYS backwards. Any help would be appreciated.

I have an Dell Axim x5 MP version 9.0 Build 13100

!