Overclocking E7500

it has been a while i owned this rig but this is the first time i want to squeeze more performance from my cpu. to be honest i'm a newbie in overclocking so i'm i hope you guys can give me some advice or guide regarding this matter.as for my spec you can see my member config for more detail. currently i'm running my cpu at 3.60ghz

Capture0.png

Capture2.png

Capture1.png

i hope you guys can give some comment regarding my oc. please tell me if there is any other detail you may need. any help are appreciated :)

Solution
I have an E7500 running at 4.1 GHz (24 Prime95 stable):
GA-EP35-DS3P | E7500 OC'd to 4.1 GHz (373 MHz X 11)

The best way to overclock is to learn to use the BIOS.

This should be your first stop.
Core2 Overclocking Guide
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/259899-11-core-overclocking-guide

Shadow's Gigabyte motherboard OC guide:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-245679_11_0.html
It's for an EP35-DS3L but all the Gigabyte Core2 BIOS's are similar.

Go through the guides. Then take your core voltage off Auto and set your memory voltage to factory recommended values. Change the System Memory Multiplier from AUTO to 2.00. Then when you increase the FSB, the memory clock will rise in in proportion with it. At an FSB of 266 MHz...
I have an E7500 running at 4.1 GHz (24 Prime95 stable):
GA-EP35-DS3P | E7500 OC'd to 4.1 GHz (373 MHz X 11)

The best way to overclock is to learn to use the BIOS.

This should be your first stop.
Core2 Overclocking Guide
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/259899-11-core-overclocking-guide

Shadow's Gigabyte motherboard OC guide:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-245679_11_0.html
It's for an EP35-DS3L but all the Gigabyte Core2 BIOS's are similar.

Go through the guides. Then take your core voltage off Auto and set your memory voltage to factory recommended values. Change the System Memory Multiplier from AUTO to 2.00. Then when you increase the FSB, the memory clock will rise in in proportion with it. At an FSB of 266 MHz, your memory clock should be at 533 MHz.

You didn't say what kind of motherboard or CPU cooling you have. You can push the FSB freq of the P25/P45 boards past 400 MHz. The G31/G41 motherboards are limited to around 350 - 360 MHz.

Pass attention to the stress testing. An unstable overclock is not particularly useful.

Don't exceed 1.45 volts vcore or 70 C as measured by CoreTemp.

Solution
thanks for the reply. honestly i did a little bit of digging before overclocking my cpu so i just want to ask for an advice directly regarding the matter. my exact motherboards are gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L. currently i'm using air cooling for my cpu (cooler master hyper tx3). i have seen a review that using exactly the same model as my motherboard and in their review they cannot past 346mhz. they even try it using different CPU to just confirm this. however i haven't try myself to push the frequencies that high. currently i'm running stable at 3.6Ghz (328 Mhz x 11). btw thanks for the link and advice. i will look more into it later :)

demonfox79

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
This is great info man, thank you for the that, but I need some hints here if you don't mind :) my ram is 2g DDR3 1333 x2 total 4G, the mb gigabyte GA-P41T-D3P which is O.C1333 from stock so I'm wondering what is the prober setting for stable overclocking I tried my own overclocking which was not really much :D at first I opened my Bios Enabled the CPU Host Clock Control so the CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) went from dim to be able to control which was by default is 333Mhz so i didnt't mess with it my cpu jumped to 3.6Ghz, it was great using the intel fan which was cool I tried couple of games (Crysis 2, BF3, and Dirt3) is was working fine, observing the cpu temp it was cool didn't even reach 55C so life is great then after 2 or 3 days (the O.C was working great), I decided it will nice to add a cpu (cooler master hyper tx3) to my computer, so I bought one, installed it, the temp was not over 42,45C under stress, and the fishy thing happened, for some reason don't know why? maybe God's will I busted my mb :na: I don't want to put you through this stupid thing I did which ended by breaking 3 pins from my LGA775 socket so anyway I went and bought a new one same same mb but this time I changed the ram brand to ADATA, ps:the old ones was Kingston, then I put every thing back in, put the overclock settings on the gear, no new windows, its the same mb so I went for some gaming it then it happens, no game is working only couple of min and they crash so I though maybe the different ram brand, so a fresh windows with the O.C settings which didn't take much 10min and I had my windows done ready for use so I installed some programs, its a fresh windows so anyway I installed the games and started playing Bang some *** the hang after couple of min so what is going on here is my settings was not complete or my hardware is busted!!

Old gear

Intel Core2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.7GHz with cooler master hyper tx3
Kingston 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600)
1 TB WD Caviar Green
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 SuperClocked 1 GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
GIGABYTE - GA-P41T-D3P
Case:(Mid Tower) with coolermaster eXtreme Power Plus 600W

New gear
the only change is: ADATA 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600)

demonfox79

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012

I am using a DDR3 ram bus 1333, what will be the settings?!!