Trouble with babies growing up

Hi all

Anyone else have this problem? One of the adults will stop whatever they
are doing and rush to the crib to 'help youngster with birthday'....and then
just stand there holding the baby for hours. I can cancel the action and the
parent will then be free to go and do my bidding, but within a minute or two
all is dropped and they rush back to the crib again, only to repeat the
standing about.
It is taking longer and longer to get a baby to grow into a toddler, and its
getting frustrating. The last baby took over a week (simweek) before the
parent finally managed to throw her in the air. Aging is 'on' and the patch
is downloaded and installed. No hacks or downloads.

Any ideas?

--
http://www.dreamhost.com/rewards.cgi?caro0501
Managed hosting plans with free domain name from $7.95/mo

caroline wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Anyone else have this problem? One of the adults will stop whatever
> they are doing and rush to the crib to 'help youngster with
> birthday'....and then just stand there holding the baby for hours. I
> can cancel the action and the parent will then be free to go and do
> my bidding, but within a minute or two all is dropped and they rush
> back to the crib again, only to repeat the standing about.
> It is taking longer and longer to get a baby to grow into a toddler,
> and its getting frustrating. The last baby took over a week
> (simweek) before the parent finally managed to throw her in the air. Aging
> is 'on' and the patch is downloaded and installed. No hacks or
> downloads.
Get a cake and have the parent bring the baby to it. I have had this happen
where the baby doesn't grow up if I leave it so now as soon as I get the
message that the baby will be a toddler in 24 hours I get a cake.
Occasionally it takes two cakes for the age transtion to work but less
agravation than random sims getting up and grabbing the baby over and over.

Gareeth

I had a baby whose "grow up" was interrupted that never could grow up.
Even buying a cake that day or the next did not work. Ended up
deleting the household. Apparently, the "grow up" is very fragile and,
if interrupted, leads to a messed up game.

"Gareeth" wrote
> caroline wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> Anyone else have this problem? One of the adults will stop whatever
>> they are doing and rush to the crib to 'help youngster with
>> birthday'....and then just stand there holding the baby for hours. I
>> can cancel the action and the parent will then be free to go and do
>> my bidding, but within a minute or two all is dropped and they rush
>> back to the crib again, only to repeat the standing about.
>> The last baby took over a week
>> (simweek) before the parent finally managed to throw her in the air.

> Get a cake and have the parent bring the baby to it. I have had this
> happen where the baby doesn't grow up if I leave it so now as soon as I
> get the message that the baby will be a toddler in 24 hours I get a cake.
> Occasionally it takes two cakes for the age transtion to work but less
> agravation than random sims getting up and grabbing the baby over and
> over.

Cheers for that Gareeth. I'll give it a go one the next one ;o)

caroline wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Anyone else have this problem? One of the adults will stop whatever they
> are doing and rush to the crib to 'help youngster with birthday'....and then
> just stand there holding the baby for hours. I can cancel the action and the
> parent will then be free to go and do my bidding, but within a minute or two
> all is dropped and they rush back to the crib again, only to repeat the
> standing about.
> It is taking longer and longer to get a baby to grow into a toddler, and its
> getting frustrating. The last baby took over a week (simweek) before the
> parent finally managed to throw her in the air. Aging is 'on' and the patch
> is downloaded and installed. No hacks or downloads.
>
> Any ideas?

I get this delay in about every other baby. Sometimes it only takes one
or two tries. About 1 in 5 babies take over 24 simhours. They can only
help with Birthday on the hour, I noticed. So if there is no adult or
the adult or baby are thinking/doing something else, the option is
delayed. It's a damn buggy piece of coding.

-georg

I this problem once when 24 hours passed *after* the time the baby was
supposed to grow up. Since then I've never let it be delayed for so long & I
haven't had the problem again. The cake also fixed this particular issue for
me.

Chris