kewl1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
Hello,
I used to have my Asus Striker extreme overclocked to 3.6 gigs. No problems for over sic months. Then when I had a problem with the neteork adaptor ie it burned out I undid the OC and installed a network card. That's been running fine for a while. Today I thought I would return to thje over OC and made all the changes in the BIOS. But it wont start and I can not get ointo the BIOS to undo it. It begins to start, I hit DEL to enter BIOS and it just dies. I removed the COMS battery and put it back in but that did nothing. I also pushed a lit up button on the Mobo that says reset. Don't tknow what that is but it did nothing as well. Now I'm really worried. Any ideas on how to un-OC this thing so I can start it?

acer0169

Distinguished
Clear CMOS on your motherboard (using cmos jumper).
Replace the battery.

If neither work, maybe your motherboard is on it's way out? When you say it dies, do you mean it just shut downs when you press delete? If you don't press delete what happens.. does it boot up?

kewl1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
Thanks Guys,

The new CMOS battery helped me out But then I went farther and gutted the Blackbird and got a new Gigabyte mobo, 12 gigs of RAM and i7 950, new EVGA video card and power supply. I guess I now have a new Blackbird. I'll call it the 003.

kewl1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
Yeah I think it would definately be overkill. I was also thinking about potential heat too although the rebuilt rig is running way cooler than the original