Outlook Express 6

timothy2532

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Sending an email from the outbox is fine, but it does not remove the email from the outbox. A copy is sent to the sent items. The next time a send receive goes outthe email is resent (this is quite embarrassing the first time it happened as I went for lunch and sent the email seven times).Any ideas before I do a reinstall....? Thanks :eek:

G

Your Sent Items folder is larger then 2 GB. If you don't care about the messages in Sent Files, exit from OE, find the Sent Intems.dbx file (search for hidden files and folders) and delete. When you restart OE it will create a new Sent Items.

timothy2532

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
I have had to do that with my inbox before when it had too many files that I failed to delete.So I know where that folder. also I receive emails from 3 eaddresses too so it does build rather quickly. The sent box is a nice place to see old attachments that I've sent and i would hate to lose them, so like I did with the inbox, I will change the file extension and add the date to the file name for when ever I can find a program other than OE that will let me open the file to reread them again. Maybe you also know a program. But thanks for your help....