Windows start up probs

I am unable to start windows and get message:-
file corrupt/missing
<windows root>\system32\hal.dll
thisb is a new pc and i did not get a reboot discwith it
as i should have done. Must give them a ring in the
morning!
Any ideas how i can get around this.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows start probs

    Hi

    Try the following link to MVP Kelly's web page:

    "HAL - Hardware Abstraction Layer"
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_h.htm

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    "Kevin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | I am unable to start windows and get message:-
    | file corrupt/missing
    | <windows root>\system32\hal.dll
    | thisb is a new pc and i did not get a reboot discwith it
    | as i should have done. Must give them a ring in the
    | morning!
    | Any ideas how i can get around this.

Configuration System32 Microsoft Windows XP