Windows start up probs

I am unable to start windows and get message:-
file corrupt/missing
<windows root>\system32\hal.dll
thisb is a new pc and i did not get a reboot discwith it
as i should have done. Must give them a ring in the
morning!
Any ideas how i can get around this.

Hi

Try the following link to MVP Kelly's web page:

"HAL - Hardware Abstraction Layer"
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_h.htm

--

Will Denny