System Reboots When Checking Windows Experience Index

Syrus28

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
I just finished up building my first PC (yay!), running Windows 7. I'm pretty sure everything is working, but when I try to Check the Windows Experience Index, it runs the test and then reboots my system when testing DirecX 9. Because of that, I'm sure it has something to do with my Graphics Card (HD4830), but not sure what. Any ideas? I've already updated the driver via the Device Manager, and tried one from ATI's website. I haven't tried to play a game yet, but will soon.

irkjab

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
Ok, I was thinking it could be a bad psu, mine had the same symptoms right before it fried my motherboard. The wattage is plenty for the system though.

Uninstall your gpu driver completely and get the newest one from the manufacturer's site.

Syrus28

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009

Syrus28

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Nope, no burning smell. The drivers didn't work either. I uninstalled the ATI Catalyst Manager, and was able to reach the game's loading screen (I couldn't get pass the opening cinematic before). Maybe the Graphics Card is overheating?

Syrus28

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Hmm... I had a similar problem from a previous iBuyPower machine, but I was able to atleast run the game for a while before it rebooted. Maybe it's my outlet? I'll try to switch outlets when I get home.

Syrus28

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Ok, so now the computer won't even boot into Windows without shutting down, and rebooting a few times If it is a faulty PSU, do I take this up with Newegg or Enermax?