cahl

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
Hey guys,

Well im building a core I7 rig, please let me know your thoughts, and if I should change anything, here goes. (haven't brought yet)

Case: Silverstone TJ09 Black/Silver (dunno yet lol)

CPU: Core I7 920 2.66 OC to 3.2

CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 2

Motherboard: Asus P6T

Harddrive: WD Black 1TB (WD1001FALS)

RAM: OCZ 6GB DDR3 1600mhz High Performance Platinum Edition 7-7-7-24 (thats good ay? I think i got a really good deal, $218 (Australian)

Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 260+ Sonic OC/ ATI Radeon 4870.. Which one?

Sound Card: Asus Xonar DX

Power Supply: Corsair HX620 (would this let me upgrade later on? to maybe 260 SLI? If not, please reccomend a good priced Modular power supply)

Yeah, thats it, what'd you think?

Thanks,

Cahl

xthekidx

Splendid
Dec 24, 2008

+1 for the PSU

On the sound card, just use onboard sound first to see if you really need it. Most onboard sound these days is very good.

That case you are looking at is OMFG expensive. How about a nice Coolermaster RC-690? I really think you should spend the money elsewhere, that case is nice, but not that nice.

So are you re-using components from another system? You are missing an OS and Optical drive...Make sure you get Vista 64bit so you can use all your ram.

cahl

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
Hey, thanks, yeah ive looked into many power supplies, but for the performance, i found that the 620 was probably the best. But it has always worried me, if i want to go SLI it may not be enough, so thanks i'll look into that power supply again lol...
I know, goddam case, was about 100$ cheaper (australian) last month.... I might change it.
For OS im probs gonna get the Windows 7 beta lol, cant be stuffed paying 500$ or whatever for vista.. and the optical drive, I have a spare, but i might buy a new one later (its a old ide cable, is that wat there called?)

Thanks guys

TRENDING THREADS