Sign in with
Your question

New To water cooling

Last response: in Overclocking
January 17, 2011 3:11:22 AM

hello, i am new to water cooling and i was wondering if these were good to make a wc loop with.

Koolance high flow 360 radiator with 6 120mm Scythe Ultra Kaze fans.
EK Multioption RES X2 - 400 with distiled water.
EK DCP 4.0 Pump.
Swiftech Apogee XT Waterblock.
PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT.
in a HAF X.

Thanks very much,
Jack

More about : water cooling

a c 324 K Overclocking
January 17, 2011 1:09:46 PM

How much research have you done and from where? Many of your questions can be answered in most forum stickies. These are very basic questions that don't have much basis for your build...

What is your budget? Is this international, or US? (in case of Int'l shipping/access) Why are you considering watercooling vs. air cooling? What components do you have and what are you wanting to watercool?

m
l
January 18, 2011 6:23:07 AM

I have done allot of research from lots of different websites. my budget is $200 - 300 Australian and i want watercooling instead of air because i want to overclock and i like the look of UV Green in my case.
all i will be cooling is an i7 2600k socket 1155 (1156 blocks will fit on 1155) and i might later watercool my Gigabyte 6850 OC Model.
m
l
Related resources
a c 86 K Overclocking
January 18, 2011 11:34:19 AM

Yea your fine.

If you would of done your research you wouldn't be asking on these forums to start with.

I'll give you a buncha links I made on another forum. Your rad is okay, your will be fine on temps.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=64893...

Take your time, read all the links word by word, and pay attention. You'll get a nice rig with you doing the homework and asking good questions.

Not a bad start, really.
m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
January 18, 2011 12:59:47 PM

Coolant use is up to you, but it won't net you any better temps than plain distilled.

http://skinneelabs.com/coolants.html <- Coolant test/comparison.

Like Conumdrum stated...there is a lot to learn. Once you get the basics down and understand what's going on, you can make a lot better decisions.

m
l
!