Sign in with
Your question

Biostar tpower i55 - Need some help please.

Last response: in Motherboards
October 6, 2009 7:30:29 PM

Now I am researching around and im new to building PC's so I have my friend helping me; but that is besides the point.

I have been reading up on Biostar's Tpower i55 and I have heard lots of good responses to it, now what I am wondering is if anyone out there has particularly or knows a good matchup for a video card or processor for it.

I was thinking Intel Core i7-860 2.8GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor and as for a card I am not sure I was debating on hitting GeForce GTX 275 for the video card and I am going to go with a 750MW power supply.

I just wanted to get some advice and opinions from people who know far more and experienced far more then I have.

I am building my first PC.

Price Limits I am keeping video card limits to about 250 max I would prefer 200 but I really like the GeForce GTX 275 and my processor budget is about 350 max but 300 or slightly less is preferred.

I would like to have the i7 processor and I found the 2.8ghz i7 was the best fit for my budget.

Also can anyone recommend a good cooling set up for this? I am not sure what my case dimensions will be but I will be having a full sized case so the issue of room for the cooling system shouldn't be an issue.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/254353-29-biostar-tpo...

was a thread here I was also reading on so besides some of the facts and items stated there I would appreciate some helpful input.

More about : biostar tpower i55

a b V Motherboard
October 8, 2009 8:37:15 AM

Well, d4, the question you should answer first is: what do you plan to use the computer for?
m
l
October 8, 2009 3:58:01 PM

Well general use and gaming, I might overclock but I doubt it. I just would like to be able to run high graphics (depending on the game) and keep a smooth frame rate for games like MMOs RTS FPS etc. No "spell lag" or things like that. I want a good range of capability but I am not looking to go insane here I just don't have the budget.
m
l
!