chris48

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
I have the Daewoo future power CT6490 with Award BIOS v4.51 It is a PPGA Socket 370 and currently has a Celeron366.

I'm wanting to increase the size of the cpu and I've tried a 566, 633, 900 Celeron from the recycle computer place with no success.
It has just been brought to my attention that the BIOS can affect whether or not I can run those cpu's I mentioned as the specs in the manual indicate it should run one of them. I have SDRAM frequency up to 100mhz.

While I'm here I might as well ask if anyone knows if this adapter will work on my machine. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270459749227&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123 I can only say the mobo is a CB649M-SI micro-ATX I'm pretty sure Daewoo made it themselves.

anyone know who took over Daewoo's computer business or if they just closed the computer division down.

Thank You

mrmez

Splendid
Seriously... its so old and so s**t, is it even worth the hassle?

Google is your friend. Try "CT690 BIOS" for a start.

If you ask around you can probably get someone to pay you to take an old P4 system off their hands.

If the manual says the board supports them, then it should support them without a BIOS update. (Technically, you don't "upgrade" your BIOS, you "update" your BIOS :))
Are you sure the CPU's you are getting are good, and you are installing them correctly? Did you reset the BIOS after installing them? When was the last time you put a new battery on that board? It has got to be about gone by now. A low battery can make your BIOS act strangely. For instance, it may have enough power to hold the settings, but not quite enough to force an update if you change some hardware.
Also, in the BIOS there is usually an option to "force ESCD update" or something to that nature, make sure it is enabled.

And lastly, yeah, why in the world are you trying to update that old system? No matter WHAT you do it is still going to be slower than molassas in January.

chris48

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
I like the challenge? I'm attached to it for some reason I could never adequately explain to a reasonable person. It does run and run tho, The only problems I've had I caused. If I could get a 1.4g processor and 512 RAm it'd do what I want just fine. Hell I ran it with win98 until about 1 1/2 years ago when I got a virus. My mistake again, I had no AV or I'd have been safe.
OK I admit it doesn't make sense to me either but I want to make it run faster. I will change the battery.
Apparently I'll have to get online to update the BIOS that'll be a while.