majorgibly

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Quick summery, I have put motherboard in, CPU In, RAM in. But apart from that I have a few problems here they are if any of you cleaver people could help me that would be amazing and save me some £££££

PC Spec

CASE: NZXT M59 (WxDxH: 19 cm x 44.9 cm x 50.8 cm)
Processor: AMD PHENOM II x6
CPU Cooler: Need help
RAM: 8GB
PSU: Need Help
5 LED Fans

Right I need help with what cooler to buy and PSU to buy. This is my first real build and I'm doing pretty well so far.
Heatsink I want to buy is the Coolmaster V10 (16.1 x 13 x 23.6 cm ; 1.2 Kg) Will this fit in my case?

Will a corsair 850w power this build, might go for 3.8GHZ as well later on.

Any advice on the fitting of this parts will help also, but if you can the choosing right now is important.

Thanks Cain.

dhongkool1

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
do NOT buy the coolermaster v10
the rappiest sink coolermaster has ever made
if you want to stick with coolermaster, get a v6 gt
you don't even need that if you're not Overclocking
my suggestion is get a hyper 212+
very cheap (and will get you to 3.8)
you don't have a gpu yet and unless u got a huge power drainer gpu, you won't need a 850w psu

Like I say in your other thread, the V10 isn't a very good cooler. The V6GT soggested above is a little loud, but is a good option too.

Why do you need 8GB RAM?, 4GB are more that enough for games and applications, and unless that you use many adobe aplications or VMWare at the same time the 8GB are a waste of money now, you can use that money for a better GPU (something that I don't see in your build) or SSD.

Again, 850W PSU is overkil unles that you plan use Crossfire or SLI with high end GPUs, for a single GPU 550W or 650W are enough, be sure that is a good manufacturer like Seasonic, Corsair, XFX, Antec, PC Power and Cooling.

dhongkool1

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010

^ listen to saint he knows what he's talking about, he managed to convince me to get a prolimatech megahalems over the coolermaster v10 a while back and i'm loving it