PLANET WL-8310 goes down Every Day

purple buzz

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
so this card I had ever since I built my PC back in 2003 goes down every day as of now.

Every day I have to ask my landlord to repair the connection, and every day it gives me trouble.

is wireless hopeless or is it my card? when I had this same problem in another house years ago, I swap-tested with Netgear wireless card and it was the same story.

this PLANET card could work for a month without once going down, then for 1-2 weeks it can go down daily. I'm just so sick and tired of asking my roomate to repair the connection omfg I wanna shoot myself. what if i wake up in the morning and I need to use internet but they sleeping? or if I can't sleep and feel like playing some WoW? If Im home on the weekends and they're away, and their room is closed?

I looked on newegg to see if I can find a better card but reviews all show the same result-WIRELESS IS NOT STABLE! even expensive cards have bad reviews.

so is there anything I can do or I'm just gonna have to put up with this or get a 50 ft wire across our house?

p.s. all the latest drivers are updated and everything.

purple buzz

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
another thing I've noticed is that whenever the wireless is down, and I right click the wireless icon at bottom right and chose "View Available Wireless Networks", then when I try to connect to ours... it would just say "connecting" with the button "Connect" light up in the backgrounds.

but when it works and say I need to connect for whatever reason, it sould say "connecting" and then "authenticating" and the button in the background would say "Disconnect".. then it would say "Connected!"

why is it leaving on connecting and not even try to authenticate the network? it is password protected and everything.

is there anything I can do in settings in order to have my computer automatically look for "Authentication"? because it always does it on its own when it works.

and the only way to get it to work is have my landlord, or whoever is at the main computer, right click their connection at bottom right and chose "Repair"