Edit: X1900 gt 256. dead...good cheap replacment.

astout3

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
I have an x1900 xt card and it is dying. Artifacts all over the screen. I was wondering what would be a new card that is just as good. I only use it for photoshop and to play games I bought when it was new a few years ago. I no longer buy computer games and I want to go as cheap as possible.

Edit: Made a mistake its an x1900 gt 256 ram

astout3

Distinguished
May 11, 2009

I have an ASUS P5N32 SLI SE with 2 gigs of ram and an e6600 chip. Its several years old and has been sitting for a couple of months since the HDD died. Before I put it away it would artifact every once in awhile but restarting would get rid of it. Now after sitting its the worst I have ever experienced in a video card. How just sitting would do that I have no idea. I just want something that will play my old games that my x1900 would play and do photoshop since my laptop doesn't do as well as I would like. The board is made for Nvidia so I don't care which it is.
Oh and everyone thanks in advance for your suggestions. I never thought I would get replies so quickly. You all Rock!

daedalus685

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
Since the OP has stated he only wants to continue palying the same games, get the 4670, it is cheep, and will easily handle any games you throw at it. A 4770 might be a waste of money for you, even though it has a great price.. why spend more if you dont need to?