Processor HELP. <<<<<

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Laptops
  • Gaming
  • Processors
Last response: in CPUs
July 24, 2009 12:47:56 AM

Hi Guys and Gal's Iam sort of a noob to the whole gaming era, and i dont know much of computers, but i need some help. If you need more info on the laptop i'd be more than happy to give it to you.
I currently have an MSI GX610 gaming laptop. It has an AMD Turion Tl-62 Processor, and im not to sure of the Mobo. My question is: Is it possible to upgrade my laptops Processor up to around a 3.0ghz range? And if so, which Motherboard would fit my laptop, and processor. I am thinking of getting an intel P4 3.3 Ghz. Yet im not sure how I can do that. Any help, or suggestions are GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

More about : processor

July 24, 2009 1:17:28 AM

wyattsutton said:
Hi Guys and Gal's Iam sort of a noob to the whole gaming era, and i dont know much of computers, but i need some help. If you need more info on the laptop i'd be more than happy to give it to you.
I currently have an MSI GX610 gaming laptop. It has an AMD Turion Tl-62 Processor, and im not to sure of the Mobo. My question is: Is it possible to upgrade my laptops Processor up to around a 3.0ghz range? And if so, which Motherboard would fit my laptop, and processor. I am thinking of getting an intel P4 3.3 Ghz. Yet im not sure how I can do that. Any help, or suggestions are GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

Laptops are bad for gaming :non:  . They are pretty much un-mod able once you buy them except for ram. So you stuck with what you have now. That's why towers so much better and they won't run out of battery.
July 24, 2009 1:29:32 AM

okay, that didnt help me at ALL. I asked for suggestions or help, not negative comments.

OKAY, let me just repost this whole thread in so many words:

Is it possible to upgrade my motherboard, and processor to a faster speed on my MSI gx610 LAPTOP? thanks.
Related resources
a c 117 à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
July 24, 2009 2:29:09 AM

Quote:
Laptops are bad for gaming :non:  . They are pretty much un-mod able once you buy them except for ram. So you stuck with what you have now.

a b à CPUs
a b D Laptop
a b 4 Gaming
July 24, 2009 2:48:52 AM

wyattsutton said:
okay, that didnt help me at ALL. I asked for suggestions or help, not negative comments.

OKAY, let me just repost this whole thread in so many words:

Is it possible to upgrade my motherboard, and processor to a faster speed on my MSI gx610 LAPTOP? thanks.

No.
a b à CPUs
July 24, 2009 3:50:17 PM

the motherboard IS your laptop, basically.

some laptops can have the processor upgraded, some cant.

depends if the cpu is soldered in, and if you are already supporting the max cpu for your mobo or not.

GOOGLE! ^^

we at toms are good for general problems. specific information such as cpu compatibility with certain motherboards are on lists, from your vendor. we arent walking computer encylopedias.
July 24, 2009 4:10:36 PM

the P4 would be a downgrade.
!