Sign in with
Your question

SSD, Hybriddisk or regular hdd?

Last response: in Storage
November 28, 2010 10:09:06 AM

Im building a gaming computer (i havent bought a hdd to it yet which do you recommend? keep reading), and im wondering which type of storage should i use?
Atm (on my older computer) I just have a slow 500gb disk, 350 of these gigabytes are games. and <30gb programs.

Should i buy a hybrid disk like this one or a raptor? and install the os and games on it while buying a regular hdd for some extra storage?
or
Should i buy a small ssd for the OS and the program which starts automaticly, and a raptor or a hybird disk for games?
or, do you got any other suggestion?

I want a fast(er) boting time, loading times in games and commonly used programs. And im not going to pay more than a couple 100 pounds/euros/bucks.
What do you guys think, does a fast disk improve loading times (gaming) alot and/or enchants the total gaming/pc experience? ;D
a b 4 Gaming
a b G Storage
November 28, 2010 11:17:48 AM

The Seagate Momentus XT is an excellent drive, and does pretty much exactly what you are wanting. The only way to go better would be to get something like an SSD for your OS and most frequently used apps, but that easily can exceed your budget.
November 28, 2010 11:27:17 AM

cjl said:
The Seagate Momentus XT is an excellent drive, and does pretty much exactly what you are wanting. The only way to go better would be to get something like an SSD for your OS and most frequently used apps, but that easily can exceed your budget.

So you think I should get a Seagate Momentus XT 500GB and a cheap hdd for storage? thank you
!