• Homebuilt
  • Cooler Master
  • Cases
  • Fan Controller
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
April 20, 2009 3:11:53 AM

Hi everyone,

Which case, case fans and external 5.25" or 3.5" external fan controller is best for a RED LED only i7-920 gaming PC? I am leaning toward a CoolerMaster HAF 932 case, Gigabyte EX58-UD4P mobo, CM V8 CPU cooler, so please base your suggestions on the default fan size of the CM HAF 932.

Also, which case is easiest to use towards this purpose, CoolerMaster HAF 932 or maybe an Antec 1200?

Thanks in advance for your input!!

More about : case fans fan controller red leds

a c 90 B Homebuilt system
April 20, 2009 1:53:36 PM

CM HAF 932 is fine.
April 20, 2009 1:54:48 PM

Do you want to manually control the fan speed or let the motherboard adjust the fans automatically?
Related resources
April 20, 2009 3:24:50 PM

WR2 said:
Do you want to manually control the fan speed or let the motherboard adjust the fans automatically?

I would like to manually control the fans if possible, in order to have some control.
April 20, 2009 3:36:53 PM

Do you trust yourself to always remember to turn the fans up when you start a gaming session?
April 20, 2009 3:45:01 PM

Yes, I do. I already do it for my video card fan when I start a game. I also monitor GPU temps quite often while gaming. I have an old Dell XPS Gen 4 which doesn't allow me to see CPU and MEM temps, and the airflow of the case is not that good. I had to install an exhaust fan to help pull out hot air from the case.

The HAF932 should provide lots of airflow and cooling...I can't wait to build this new PC. I will be posting a new thread in the "New Homebuilt" forum for input on my i7-920 build. I already posted one 2 months ago, now to update it as my budget has increased to $2000.

-Misfit14
!