Video Editing PC

majorgibly

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Hello there. I'm new to this building computers and I'm having good fun. Although when I picked up the AMD 6 Core my hands were shaking :)

My PC is going to be rendering HD footage around about 60% - 80% of the time (100% load Sony Vegas) What would you clever people suggest it would be nice to keep this PC for the next 3 years. So temps need to be under 70C that would be nice any suggestions?

Also the CPU is in and lever is down but on the top there is a finger print (Mine of course) shall I clean this off or am I just being silly :D

Thanks for support :)

dhongkool1

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
you gotta get some high concentration alchol and clean that print off because the tiniest bit of moisture could change cooling alot
i would suggest a coolermaster 212+ that'll keep the amd pretty cool even when oced

majorgibly

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011

You have now got me worried, what do I do?
ahhh

dhongkool1

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
no don't worry about it, it's pretty standard precedure
go out and buy yourself some high concentration alcahol and just get a q-tip and clean off the cpu
normally, you'll have to do this even if you don't touch the top of the die

spire thermax eclipse II best for CPU AMD like 1055T. i have it & proof i use this CPu same for video editing .
and i have tuniq tower 120 Extreme this cooler good for my CPU Intel

I OC my system and . i have Power director 8 when rendering full load CPU 90~98% ram 65% my temp just 47*C & Adobe AE Cs4 ..(andrew kramer my favorit)

it cool for AMD CPU ...

many compare & review see in www.frostytech.com

videl

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
Hey that's gonna be not too bad of a rendering machine although I would recommend going with intel if you have the budget for that...if you dont, then that will be good as it is... :)

To clean and prepare the surface of your cpu I would reccomend arcticlean over alcohol...alcohol works but that's if you have nothing better. Arcticlean comes in two bottles...the first is to clean any old heat paste finger prints or anything else...
the second prepares the surface for your heatpaste and cooler...and it's not that expensive...it'll come in handy later too most likely...when changing cooler or cpu or building new system...
info - http://arcticsilver.us/arcticlean.htm
amazon link - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007TOR08