Overclocking q6600 with asus p5k-e

I know my cpu is older. I just upgraded my video card to a sapphire raedon hd 5870 eyefinity 6 edition. I have 4 gb of ocz ram. I am using a antec nine hundred case. I was hoping to get better eyefinity fps buy doining some over clocking. I am awaiting my cpu cooler will be here tomorrow. ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink. I am running win 7 64 bit.
I upped my fsb to 310 and my multiplier to 9 . I put the voltage at 1.325. I ran prime for 48 mins and temps stayed under 60 c. in core temp. first. the voltage in the cpu-z does not match what I put it at. it does in the core temp program but the cpu-z shows it at 1.2804 I believe thats right. I am at work doing this off memory so if that looks like too many decimal places forgive me. Why is the voltage not what I set it at? Is that a bios option I do not have enabled? Also where is a good resource to explain all the choices of option in the bios? where is a good resource to help guide me through this journey . I would welcome any and all input or guidance on overclocking this set up?
2 answers Last reply
More about overclocking q6600 asus
  1. Ya CPUZ is reading the actual realtime voltage at the processor. When you up the voltage on the MOBO and then put a load on the processor there's a loss. That's why you have to up the voltage when you increase the bandwidth you're putting a heavier load on it.
  2. I also want to appologize for posting this before i found a guide on tom's for overclocking this processor. anyway any help, comments, suggestions is greatly appreciated. thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Intel CPUs Overclocking