GPU Fan Control

Duque

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
What program can I use to increase my GPU fan speeds. I have sli 285s and I heard that nTune doesn't work with Windows 7. Thanks. Also looking for a good program to monitor temps. I have real temp, but I was wondering if there were any other good ones.

Duque

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
GPU is registering at almost 90 under load with Real Temp and I don't know if that's the top or bottom one. Is that ok?

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Register at eVGA and download Precision. Unlike RivaTuner, which you'd have to open and set the speed manually every boot, Precision can load the fan speed (and any OC settings) at Windows Start-up. That is, unless RivaTuner has finally added that feature, but I don't see it listed in the revision history...

90C is just plain hot! Entering the danger zone levels of very hot, honestly. Who made 'em? Contact their support desk and see what they say about those temps.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
I'll admit, it's been well over a year since I've used RivaTuner. It had no such feature, then. Sure, it could control the fan, but the program had to be running to do so.

What I was trying to point out is that Precision does not need to be loaded at Windows Start-Up, nor does it need to be running at all, for it's setting to take effect.

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
^Do you know what you are talking about? Of course it's going to load at startup, how in the world is it going to access your computer if it's closed? Maybe it only loads as a process, and not a GUI at startup, but it's still there...